You may be unemployed and have paid either Income Tax, Universal Social Charge (USC) or both. If so, you may be entitled to a refund if you are out of work and:
- intend to resume employment before the end of the year
- do not intend to resume employment before the end of the year
- going abroad.
A claim for unemployment repayment can be made:
- immediately if emergency tax was applied in your last employment
- immediately if you are leaving Ireland permanently
- four weeks after becoming unemployed if you are not receiving any other taxable income
- eight weeks after becoming unemployed if you are receiving other taxable income such as Jobseekers Benefit.
Claim Your Tax Refund Now
Useful Irish Tax Facts:
- The Irish tax year runs from 1st January to 31st December
- You can go back 4 years for your Irish tax refund
- The average Irish PAYE tax refund is €1080
- We also provide Universal Social Charge (USC) refunds